Marketing and Communications Director
Organize Florida is a community-based, nonprofit member organization of low- and moderate-income people dedicated to the principles of social, racial & economic justice and the promotion of an equal and fair Florida for all.
The Organize Florida Education Fund is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering low and moderate income Floridians to be leaders in their communities. Organize Florida Education Fund is the issue education and civic engagement arm of Organize Florida.
Organize Florida and Organize Florida Education Fund seek a highly motivated, talented, and dynamic individual to serve as the Marketing and Communications Director. The Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for creating, implementing, and managing a comprehensive communications and marketing plan for the organization that will broaden reach and impact throughout the I-4 corridor in Central Florida. They will sit on the Core Leadership Team (CLT) and will report to the Managing Director.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Managing Director to develop communications strategies that will broaden the organization’s reach and deepen impact.
- Manage all media contact including writing & distributing all media releases and building relationships with reporters & bloggers.
- Develop and refine organization’s core messages to ensure consistency.
- Write and develop key content for media and marketing materials.
- Oversee and increase social media engagement.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience working with the media, including existing relationships in Central Florida.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing strategies.
- Self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Able to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to coach and support leaders as spokespersons.
- Must have verbal and written fluency in Spanish.
- Experience working with a social justice or political organization.
Send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to OrganizeNowHiring@gmail.com with subject: Marketing and Communications Director. No phone calls please. A competitive salary will be offered, with a benefits package that includes health insurance, seniority raises, paid vacation and paid time off. Organize Florida is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ strongly urged to apply.