Our Board Members come from diverse backgrounds with a common passion for the mission of Organize Florida. As a Board Member, you have the opportunity to shape the path forward for one of the most dynamic social justice organizations in the state. With a presence across Florida, partnered with a critical mission and incredible staff, Board Members gain invaluable experience in leadership, fundraising, budgeting, and program development.
Organize Florida Board members hold office for 2 year terms.
The Board of Directors meets four times a year (quarterly).
- Member of Organize Florida in good standing
- Learn about Organize Florida and be familiar with the budget and bylaws
- Fundraise (write or raise) a minimum of $500 a year for Organize Florida.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to ensure Organize Florida grows organizationally
- Attend at least two Organize Florida events a year
- Attend at least three of the four Organize Florida board meetings a year
- Excuse oneself from decisions and votes where there may be a conflict of interest
- Do not provide political endorsements and the like in the name of Organize Florida
- Keep all Organize Florida matters confidential, including financials, campaign information, program information, and other business
- Work in good faith with fellow Board members and staff toward the achievement of the organization’s goals